Android Application Development in 5 Days is a training program cum hands on workshop to train participants in designing and developing mobile applications for Google's Android open-source mobile platform.
The course starts with explaining the Android development set-up and tool kits like Eclipse-based development tools, the Android SDK, Platform. The program explains in detail all essential features, advanced capabilities and APIs of the Android SDK.
The course is designed in such a way that students are encouraged to learn by practicing the workshop exercises which are simple to start with and gets sophisticated as the learning progresses. The course also instructs students on how to publish their application in to Android Apps Market.
At the end of the training program, each attendee will be able to build their own real world Android application with most of the key features of the platform. Typically, the students build an application that will integrate to the social networks like Facebook or Twitter.
After completing this course, the participant will be able to:
- Build his/her own Android apps
- Explain the differences between Android and other mobile development environments
- Understand how Android applications work, their life cycle, manifest, Intents, and using external resources
- Design and develop useful Android applications by using, extending, and creating custom layouts and Views and using Menus.
- Understand the important UI guidelines for building compelling applications
- Leverage Android's APIs for data storage, retrieval, user preferences, files, databases, and content providers
- Tap into location-based services, geocoder, compass sensors, and create rich map-based applications
- Utilize the power of background services, threads, and notifications.
- Use Android's communication APIs for SMS, telephony, network management, and internet resources (HTTP).
- Secure, tune, package, and deploy Android™ applications
Target Audience and Pre-Requisite
The target audience of this course will be software developers who want to design, develop and publish into market applications for the Android mobile phone platform. It is valuable to both freshers with limited experience and veteran developers, who already have experience in developing mobile applications for other platforms.
The participant should know programming in Java to get the most benefit from this training.
We will have ready to start computers with all required software loaded. If you want to use your own laptop during the training, you can come early and get your laptop setup.
Jayakumar Palanivel, is the founder of Thagatpam. He has more than 3 years of experience in developing mobile applications and 11 years of overall industry experience. Before founding Thagatpam, he has held various positions at Tata Consultancy Services and Wipro Technologies, two of India's big IT services companies.